Thermal Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 12, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200331397
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We are looking for an experienced Thermal Test Engineer to join our Thermal Product Design team. We hope to find candidates who have deep knowledge of Apple's products, technical problem-solving experience, and outstanding interpersonal skills, to partner with multi-functional teams to drive the validation of development hardware and software control systems.
- 5+ years proven experience with thermal cooling technologies and product testing lifecycles
- 5+ years demonstrated ability with thermal test equipment (i.e data acquisition, infrared cameras, digital multimeters, adjustable power supplies)
- A deep knowledge and passion for Apple's ecosystem
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing Apple HW and SW.
- Coding experience, preferably Python, for test automation and data post-processing.
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication.
- Ability to write clear documentation for test procedures.
As part of the Thermal Design Team, you'll work on Apple's hardware products and software, across our iOS, macOS and tvOS platforms. You'll collaborate closely with Product, Design and Engineering teams, to help produce test plans, configure hardware and software on the systems, and create scripts to manipulate hardware. An ideal candidate would be comfortable independently driving validation efforts while being a resource to other lab team members on thermal cooling and process improvements. They would also be able to analyze and communicate thermal validation data to design team partners. We are a multi-faceted team and you should be capable of changing pace without missing a beat. You'll be just as comfortable building out test plans or dissecting an automation script behind the scenes. You're also supremely analytical, and can take the lead in prioritizing your day-to-day priorities into efficient and balanced workflows.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Thermal Engineering, or equivalent practical experience