Managing Attorney - Topeka
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of your fellow Kansans and work with dedicated individuals who make a positive impact daily? If so, then Kansas Legal Services (KLS) is for you. We seek a Kansas licensed attorney to manage our Topeka office.
The qualified candidate must have the following: a Kansas law license; experience supervising staff and volunteers: excellent written and oral communication skills; and a desire and commitment to assist in the delivery of high-quality legal assistance to low-income people. The main duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- manage the day to day functions of the Topeka office including supervision of attorneys, paralegals and support staff in order to meet the budget
- maintain sound fiscal management and complete the requirements of current funding sources
- maintain a personal caseload
- delegate the work of the Topeka office
- supervise the casework and perform regular reviews of all case handling staff
- continue to develop the skills of attorneys and paralegals
- provide legal education the to the community through community events
Excellent paid employee benefits include: health, dental, life, disability, malpractice insurance, bar dues, CLE and paid parking. KLS is a qualifying employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness; and eligible to apply for loan repayment assistance through Legal Service Corporation’s Loan Repayment Assistance Program.
KLS offers a professional and friendly work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer with recruitment efforts focused on ensuring a diverse workforce. Spanish, bilingual is preferred but is not a requirement for this job.
Email a resume, writing sample and three professional references to Heather File, Human Resource Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information see website: www.kansaslegalservices.org.
EEO & Affirmative Action Employer