AI/ML - Senior Data Engineer, AI/ML Data
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Jan 13, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200317387
Would you like to play a critical part in the next revolution of human-computer interaction? Would you like to contribute to the advancement of a product that is globally redefining how humans use voice to relate to technology? The Siri Data organization seeks to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within Siri Data, the mission of Siri data engineering is to build the scalable & high quality data sets that curate the data required to give our customers their voice. We're looking for exceptional data engineers who are passionate about our product and values; who love working with data at scale; and who are committed to that hard work necessary to continuously improve. As a part of this group, you will work with petabytes of data daily using diverse technologies like Spark, Flink, Kafka, Hadoop and others. You will be expected to optimally partner with upstream engineering teams and downstream analytical, ML and product consumers.
- Experience working with Spark and other distributed data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Presto, Flink, Druid) for building efficient & large scale data pipelines.
- Programming efficiency and hands on experience in Scala/Java or Python. Software engineering rigor and ability to write elegant, modularized and well tested code.
- Experience required in building data processing pipelines curating data for variety of stakeholders
- Experience in schema design and data modeling, SQL skills to analyze and explore data, identify patterns and draw insights.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work in a cross functional environment across multiple stakeholders and convert abstract requirements into concrete deliverables.
- WHO ARE YOU:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are tenacious, relentless, & determined
- You are curious: always learning new technologies, rapidly synthesizing new information, and understanding "the why" before "the what."
- You are self-directed and capable of operating amid ambiguity.
- You are poised and display excellent judgment in prioritizing across difficult tradeoffs.
- You are pragmatic: not letting "the perfect" be the enemy of "the good."
- You are humble, continually growing in self-awareness and possessing a growth mindset.
Partner closely with machine learning engineers, data scientists, analysts, software engineers and researchers to build reliable, distributed data pipelines and intuitive data products that feed into machine learning models, analytics, research, thereby allowing our stakeholders to easily leverage data in a self-served manner. Instrument proper logging to make sure the data you need is being generated. Educate your consumers on how to access your model, assuring transparency in logic definitions. In addition to this, based on your interest you will also get an opportunity to build reusable and generic frameworks, access patterns (services and data stores) and tooling which can be leveraged by multiple data engineering teams and downstream consumers to enable efficiency and speed of innovation.
Education & Experience
Surprise us! Many will have a Bachelor's or Master's in CS, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience in data engineering. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.