AI/ML - Lead Product Manager, Data Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Jan 13, 2022
Role Number: 200332492
Would you like to play a key role in advancing Apple products by empowering engineering teams with insights and data? The Machine Learning Platform & Technology (MLPT) EPM team is seeking a lead product manager for its Data platform products. The platform handles secure data ingestion, storage, real time and batch processing, data transformation, analytics, visualization, security, privacy and helps engineering teams across Apple to manage data, make data-informed decisions and power model training, with the ultimate goal of improving product quality and delivering a delightful experience to Apple customers! You will work closely with cross-functional partners within and outside of MLPT to define and build the right data platform products to serve organization needs with consideration of user privacy. You can see different angles of a product or business opportunity, and you know how to connect the dots and interact with people in various roles and functions. Come thrive in a fast-paced environment, define product vision and lead innovative projects that have broad impact, lead cross functional teams to deliver exceptional data platform capabilities.
- 8+ years in a role leading data products and cross-functional teams as a product management leader
- Proven track record of delivering large-scale data products and data analytics tools, including storage, data processing pipelines, large- scale and high-throughput backend services, and/or user-facing applications that use those services.
- Strong user empathy and drive to influence data product strategy and roadmap by providing thought leadership on end-to-end user experience
- Passionate about delivering the best user experience to internal users by actively surveying user needs and translating requirements into product roadmap
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, drive consensus and lead cross- functional teams under pressure
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal
- Highly developed drive to improve how things work, with a track record of driving improvements for team quality, performance, agility and efficiency
- Experience mentoring and building strong product and program teams
Specific Responsibilities Include: - Define the roadmap, and drive adoption of the right scalable and flexible privacy-preserving data platform to empower Apple development teams to effectively ingest, store, process, transform, analyze, and curate data for Machine Learning. - Proactively identify use cases from internal partners, build business cases, define requirements and product specs. Work with cross-functional leaders and partners to establish roadmaps. Build a robust feedback loop with stakeholders, partners and users to continuously improve products. - Come up with product metrics to measure the success of our data platform in relation to overall MLPT product goals. - Evangelize data products and drive platform product adoption. - Build relationships across Apple organization and facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups to ensure our tooling and processes are driving MLPT Data product improvement - Be the driver, evangelist, problem-solver, and leader who helps our engineering and operations team gather and use data that makes Apple's MLPT platform the world's best for machine learning while aligning with our strong privacy guarantees to our users
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- - Experience building data products and driving adoption of those products with engineering teams in other organizations/companies.
- - Experience with Data and Machine Learning products is a huge plus
- - Experience with Spark, Trino, Flink, SQL, Python, R, or other sophisticated analytical tools is a plus!
- - Experience using OKRs to drive product outcomes