Virtualization Technologies Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 13, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200330947
Do you see the big picture and love setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group we ensure that the OS is inseparable from each device's identity as a whole. That's because this group is committed to building fully coordinated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. You'll work with some of the most hardworking engineers in the industry. We are looking for a candidate who wants to be challenged and is passionate about working on products that affect the lives of millions of users.
- Experience with system programming.
- Understanding of OS internals, device drivers, and memory management.
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication.
- - Excellent C and C++ programming skills.
Implement new virtual machine and virtual device capabilities. Optimize virtualization technologies to minimize any overhead. Work across the stack from guest to host to improve reliability, capabilities and performance. Expose new features to users through the Virtualization and Hypervisor framework.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of CPUs architectures.
- Experience working on virtualization technologies - CPU/GPU virtualization or device emulation.
- Experience with kernel and/or device driver development.
- Experience with Objective-C or Swift.
- Experience working with assembly languages.