Display Module Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 13, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200331598
Imagine what you could do at Apple. This is a place where great ideas have a way of becoming great products that delight millions of customers all around the world. Bring passion and dedication to your work and there's no limit to what you could accomplish.
- 12+ years work experience
- Experience with display/Optics/backplane design/Optics preferred
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
- Gathers system requirements and translates to module requirements, breaks the requirements into sub-architectures (including electrical, power, thermal, mechanical and optical) to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI) through extensive analysis/modeling/simulation. - Performs detailed engineering analysis and design with interdisciplinary teams to bridge gap between theory and implementation. - Collaborates with X-functional teams to define KPI considering Human Vision System. - Provides implementation/design tradeoffs on display/system performance. - Provides tradeoffs for custom silicon vs off-the-shelf solutions. - Provides implementation assistance/support for display IP integration and design verification. - Provides implementation assistance/support for early display module prototyping and system integration. - Must also have deep domain expertise in at least three of the following domains - display electrical and power, display backplane/silicon, module integration, design for manufacturability/testability, and module optics. - Envision novel ideas, concepts and applications that will propel displays to new level of performance.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in EE or related field