The inspiration for LatPro traces back to one man’s job search. When Eric Shannon graduated from the University of South Carolina’s MIBS program, he knew he wanted a career that would combine his interest in business with his Spanish language skills and knowledge of Latin America. He soon discovered that there were no employment or recruiting services filling that particular niche …and so, the concept for LatPro was born. If there were no employment websites dedicated to needs of Hispanic and bilingual professionals, Eric would build one.
So, in 1997 Eric founded LatPro, an online employment site dedicated to bringing diversity to the American workforce. For nearly 20 years, Shannon and the LatPro team have worked tirelessly to connect Hispanic and bilingual professionals with employers throughout the Americas. Using traditional job postings and an extensive online resume database, LatPro made a name for itself in the employment and recruitment market. Refusing to rest on its laurels, the LatPro team launched a successful series of diversity focused job fairs, held annually in major cities throughout the country.
But LatPro’s dedication to diversity in the American workforce doesn’t end with simply matching job-seekers with potential employers. Shannon and the LatPro team understand that success in the business world begins with education. To that end, LatPro has established the Hispanic Scholarship Program, annually awarding a deserving student $3000 in scholarship funds to help defray the costs of an undergrad or graduate program at a partnering college or university. Over the years that program has been expanded to include both a Diversity Scholarship and a general scholarship. As of 2016, LatPro’s scholarship programs have awarded $61,000 cumulatively to deserving students throughout the United States.
- 1997 – LatPro launches, and becomes the first online job board connecting Hispanic and bilingual job-seekers with with recruiters searching for skilled diversity candidates.
- 2006 – LatPro begins promoting Diversity Job Fairs in major US metro areas while launching DiversityJobs.com, a search engine dedicated to all minority groups.
- 2009 – JustJobs.com is launched, along with a family of job search engines including diversity sites for Asian Americans, Hispanics, Veterans, Disabled Professionals, and members of the LGBTQ Community.
- 2010 – LatPro receives 5th consecutive WEDDLE’s User’s Choice Award.
- 2016 – LatPro expands their annual series of Diversity Job Fairs to include Boston and the San Francisco Bay areas.
- 2016 – Eric Shannon publishes the successful job search handbook, WORK SMART – How to Land a Job at a Great Company and Get Promoted.
At LatPro, we know first-hand that there’s strength in diversity. Our team members hail from ten different countries, contributing their unique talents and perspectives to make LatPro the worldwide leader in online employment for Hispanic and bilingual professionals since 1997. We put quality and enthusiasm into everything we do, and we hope it shows.” – Eric Shannon