As a Sr. Engineering Manager Shared Services and High Performance Organization, you'll have a key role in delivering market leading software products. This role will require you to actively engage with the test, quality assurance, product management, customer support, user experience, IT and other shared service functions as well as other development organizations to help your teams achieve greatness. Member of Controls and Visualization Business (CVB) Software Leadership Team.
This role will serve as center of expertise and drive improvement efforts across CVB Software for some topics and have direct execution responsibility for other topics. The ability to effectively manage via influence and collaborate across CVB Software and broader Rockwell is critical.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing operational objectives and work plans.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires and in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Lead teams that provide supporting functions to engineering delivery teams (e.g. documentation) or support customer teams in providing customer support
- Continuously look for ways to improve the overall practice of the engineering organization to increase throughput, improve quality, and reduce time to market
- Successfully manage, motivate and retain members of the organization
- Participate in strategic planning to define area of improvement across software organization
- Set workforce strategy, architecture direction and tools and technologies as required to meet business roadmaps.
- Be software team's change agent - in particularly driving and improving quality practices across the organization
- Determine ways to improve information development across Rockwell - drive adoption of new tools and practices to meet today's need and emerging needs
- Overall project coordination
- Ability to set and achieve targets
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other employees.
- Excellent communication to foster an open environment
- Frequently interacts with peers and customers to gain cooperation of others
- Conducts presentations of complex technical information/project activities
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Acts with high integrity in all areas
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 10 years of software engineering design experience including 5 years of project and/or line management experience in leading teams to deliver reliable software designs.
- 2+ years of experience practicing continuous improvement methods.
- 2+ years of experience managing development methods and models such as agile.
- 2+ years of experience working as a part of a global development team.
- 2+ years of experience leading remote & virtual teams preferred
- To qualify, you will need to be experienced at leading teams of software engineers, as well as experienced in developing/coaching managers.
- Experience managing teams and effectively managing projects in a matrix
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and change processes
- Expertise in Agile processes and practices
- Strong experience in multiple disciplines in the software development process (quality, information development, support, project management) - expertise in quality practices and architecture in particularly critical
Architecture and Software
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).