The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. For more than 130 years, we have been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized, as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Central Materials Manager is responsible for managing the day to day inventory and purchasing activities of key direct materials across all of Benjamin Moore's manufacturing sites with attention to forecasts, availability and efficient use of facility space and assets. The candidate will work with the planning team to identify demand, manage Purchase Requisitions, convert Requisitions to Purchase Orders, and manage commodity inventories across sites to maintain consistency of supply and to ensure corporate KPI targets are met. Additionally, the Central Materials Manager will work closely with the individual facilities to understand their specific supply requirements, and with suppliers' customer service personnel to manage deliveries and commitments. Throughout the process, the Central Materials Manager will maintain accurate data in SAP and relay updated information to the related departments as necessary.
- Review MRP regularly for all Manufacturing Facilities to Prepare Purchase requisitions & Purchase Orders as required to support facility production requirements and deliver Corporate KPI's.
- Manage the flow of materials in terms of Production Requirements with special attention paid to limited facility storage capacities and specific lead-times and availability.
- Maintain/Recommend Procurement Systems information -- Delivery Dates, Quantities, Principle PIR data.
- Work closely with the procurement team to track supplier metrics, communicate supplier performance, and forecast requirements, as needed, ensuring all purchases consistent with quality and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate with internal customers to implement supplier changes, as required; assist plants and internal customers on sourcing related issues.
- Ensure all purchases consistent with quality and delivery requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with Benjamin Moore's internal and external partners.
- Facilitating Change with various stakeholders and effectively communicate those changes and requirements.
- Travel Requirements: 5-10%
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of business, supply chain, engineering or sciences
- Minimum of 5+ years of global sourcing experience within Paint & Coatings -- or similar Chemical Allied industry -- and a strong understanding of chemical production processes and the impact of various economic forces on the chemical industry
- Industrial manufacturing and/or Business Management experience preferred
- Experience in the use of ERP system (Oracle, SAP, or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer focus
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Knowledge of company products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong project management and vendor management skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Understand elements of Marketing, Manufacturing and R&D and their respective strategies
- A team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains the trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefits of all. Skilled at multi-tasking in a dynamic team environment
- Recognized self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and seeks the challenge of winning in a rapidly changing marketplace