Data Engineering Lead, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics - Culver City
Culver City , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Role Number: 200192253
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products and services. If you are a self-motivated and high-energy person who is not afraid of challenges, we are looking for you! Apple is seeking a Data Engineering Lead to join the Data Science & Analytics Organization for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and other services. This role will drive data engineering for large-scale data science and machine learning initiatives across numerous AMP products and services. AMP Data Science & Analytics collaborates with executives and various partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: Our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through in-depth quantitive research of the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and other services.
- 2+ years of experience in leading a data engineering team
- 4+years demonstrated ability in distributed data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Scala) and rock-solid SQL skills
- Strong hands-on experience in designing and developing curated datasets for data science and machine learning is a must have
- Teammate with excellent communication/collaboration skills when it comes to closely working with data scientists and machine learning engineers daily
- Experience in establishing organization-wide data engineering processes and guidelines
- We seek industry experience in agile development and DevOps
Lead, recruit, and manage a team with varied strengths of hard-working data engineers Define data engineering processes and promote best-practices across the organization Ensure data engineering quality and governance! Own and deliver against a prioritized multi-year roadmap for data engineering Work multi-functionally to deliver crucial strategic programs and partnerships that align with business priorities Strong out-of-the-box thinking, curious technical and business attitude, and an ability to motivate and encourage people
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or Ph.D. in a related field.