Sodexo is seeking Registered Dietitian to provide outpatient counseling to the Surgery Clinic located in Mount Sinai Hospital in Chicago, IL and IP services at Loretto Hospital.
Position will report to the Clinical Nutrition Manager and ideal candidate will:
- Provide medical nutrition therapy using evidence-based medicine to optimize patient care.
- Conduct nutrition assessment, formulate nutrition care plan, implement interventions, and provide education to improve nutrition quality of life across the lifespan
- Monitor and evaluate patient care and outcomes on an ongoing basis
- Provide pre-surgical dietary consultations to prepare bariatric candidates for successful surgery
- Provide comprehensive post-surgical nutrition consultations guiding the bariatric patients through all phases of the post-surgical diet, conduct nutrition focused examinations to detect post-surgical complications, and communicate progress to the broader treatment team headed by a bariatric surgeon
- Conduct group nutrition education sessions
- Collaborate with other members of the patient care team including doctors, nurses, psychologists and social workers
- Develop new education material, processes, and classes, as necessary
- Participate in quality and process improvement measures
- Document in the medical record using the nutrition care process in ADIME format utilizing IDNT
- Work independently to manage schedules, caseload, and billing in clinic care
- Ability to speak Spanish would assist in educating patient population preferred but not required
- Licensure in the State of Illinois Required
Learn more about Mt. Sinai Hospital https://www.sinai.org/
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..