Sodexo is seeking a Sales Solution Architect I for Universities - NorAm.
This is a virtual sales strategy role. Candidates should be based in any US location within proximity to a major airport.
The Sales Solution Architect I will play a key role in building a strong customer value proposition into Marketing plans at every step, from planning to execution within an assigned region. As a partner to both field sales and marketing teams, the Sales Solution Architect I will develop an understanding of what it takes to win in market, acting as the "voice of the customer." Reporting to the Global Senior Vice President, the Sales Solution Architect I will be a strategic partner to both the Field Sales and Marketing teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with various Segment and transversal functions, including operations and finance, to guide development of strong and innovative proposals to address clients’ needs and represent the best of Sodexo, acting as an overall “quarterback”.
- Ensure value propositions are clearly articulated within the proposal and is woven throughout (“stringing the red-thread”) to differentiate Sodexo and ensure the proposal is cohesive.
- Focus support on proposal and solution development efforts for large complex bids (>$5M) and accountable to deliver winning proposals and boost Sodexo’s conversion rate, while supporting all bids through innovative content & offer development in conjunction with Marketing and Creative Services.
- Provide Field Sales and Sales leaders with leverage to concentrate on business development activities outside of proposal development by designing solutions that address client needs as identified by Field Sales.
- Managing and establishing relationships with consulting firms.
- Track and analyzes all national rankings.
- Strong leadership, motivational and collaborative skills with high ability to influence without authority across a team of diverse stakeholders (including Sales leadership, Field Sales, Marketing, Insights, Technical Solution Developers, Finance, HR, Legal, and Operations) who are not direct reports and are rarely co-located.
- Experience in a client-facing sales role with proven sales acumen. Ability to nurture relationships with current and prospective clients and ability to identify and solution for clients’ needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to accurately translate technical knowledge and requirements into clear and concise communications for a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to tell compelling stories and sell listeners on value of proposed approach.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze and interpret contractual, financial, technical, operational data and commercial terms.
- Ability to identify how Sodexo’s technical solutions can address the key needs of a client / prospective client.
- Strong organizational capabilities to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Understanding of Universities go-to-market strategy, position in the marketplace, and the strengths and weaknesses of competitors' services and products, and the ability to apply this understanding to new business opportunities.
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies, and the practical / potential application of these technologies to current and future operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and process, and capable of supporting agile projects.
- Experience in customer-facing solution sales, product / service design, and/or systems / enterprise consulting and commercial finance
- Project management experience is_a plus, as is prior industry experience in outsourced/contract food and facilities services.
Learn more about Sodexo’s operations
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Sales positions to support sales in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health, Senior Living, Sports and Leisure, and Benefits and Reward Services across the United States. Continue your search for Sales jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Our desire to be a leader in each of the industries where we work affords our employees the opportunity to bring on new clients in numerous areas – and continue to grow their careers in almost any direction. At Sodexo, it’s possible to have multiple careers all while working for the same company.
The Sales Solution Architect 1 plays a key role in a designated region by building a strong customer value proposition into Marketing plans at every step, from planning to execution. As a partner to both the field sales & marketing teams, the Sales Solution Architect 1 will develop an understanding of what it takes to win in market, acting as the “voice of the customer” within the assigned region.
As a resource on the team, this role supports areas of complexity and business impact, which may require understanding multiple offers and/or customers via sub-segmentation.
Team Members in this role must build and demonstrate organizational agility, plus effective negotiation bringing data, insights, and strong interpersonal skills to influence a wide range of decisions in a fast-paced environment.
Support the collaboration with various Segment and transversal functions to guide development of strong and innovative proposals to address clients’ needs and represent the best of Sodexo.
Ensure value propositions are clearly articulated within the proposal and are woven throughout (“stringing the red-thread”) to differentiate Sodexo and ensure the proposal is cohesive.
Provide Field Sales and Sales leaders with support to concentrate on upstream, longer term business development activities and minimize churn during proposal development process.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop Sodexo’s value proposition with Marketing, Field Sales, Commercial Finance
- Identify technical solutions required to address client needs
- Oversee development of proposals & technical solutions to address client needs
- Ensure proposals are high quality and meet requirements outlined by prospective clients Collaborate on client presentations and negotiations
- Proactively enhance understanding of Sodexo’s offers and competitive positioning