Are you a natural problem-solver, do you thrive on challenges? Are you also an expert at implementing solutions? Sodexo has an exciting Program Specialist 2 position now available with our Corporate Benefits team in Cheektowaga, NY.
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with manager, outside vendors and general accounting to implement custom benefit plan offerings
- Reconciling and disbursing union health & welfare and pension payments
- Administering non-standard benefit plans (plan set-up, enrollments, changes, terminations, COBRA notices, HIPAA notices, Medical Support notices, etc.)
- Researching, analyzing and resolving benefit related issues as dictated by collective bargaining agreements, state and federal laws
- ERISA Compliance in administering H&W and Pension accounts
- Serve as a liaison to field office human resources staff, unit managers, union locals, union funds, union negotiators, and third-party carriers.
- Working on other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred experience and skill set:
- Two or more years of Benefits related experience
- Two years of college or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory laws that affect benefits (ERISA, COBRA, USERRA, HIPAA, FMLA, PPACA)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of SAP and ADP/Enterprise preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; able to work and solve problems independently
- Experience working within a collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail; able to work under pressure and meet critical processing deadlines
- Experience with understanding, interpreting and discussing collective bargaining agreement requirements
- Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematical principles/ strong analytical skills
- Able to handle confidential information
Sodexo is the 18th largest employer worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balance opportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees.
Administers a program(s) or a portion of a program (s) within a department. Incumbent is technical expert on the program they administer. Oversees, monitors, and completes all administrative projects, priorities and functions for program managed. Program(s) typically have a Division-wide or company-wide scope. Work is generally administrative or project oriented, but is generally varied and unstructured in nature. Work may involve monitoring for regulatory compliance. Works independently under general supervision.