From the Gulf of Mexico to the Arctic Ocean and from the Pacific Coast to the Atlantic, Sodexo provides Quality of Life Services that support the needs of our clients in the Energy & Resources market segments, reinforcing client operations in both onshore and offshore environments.
Sodexo Energy and Resources is seeking a Food Production Manager 2 to provide oversight for food service on an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico, which is accessed by helicopter from a heliport in Houma, Louisiana. This manager will have oversight of 10 hourly kitchen employees and will typically work a schedule of 28 days on and 28 days off, with accommodations being provided on the oil platform.
This position will involve the oversight of staff in a galley kitchen where a cycle menu is produced, feeding about 300 persons on board.
Primary Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Daily responsibility of all food service to include adherence to all food safety/HACCP guidelines, labeling/dating, temperature logs and staff training
- The ability to work within existing financial costing models, operate within those financial parameters and produce weekly and monthly financial reports, P&L management
- Oversight of monthly inventory and ordering (including par level oversight)
- Planning, scheduling, staffing, training and motivating as needed to ensure stellar guest service is provided
**Ensuring a safe work environment on this oil rig is of paramount importance and will be a #1 priority for this Manager. An understanding of the basics of the oil and gas industry and the oil rig environment is a must.**
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience, success and proficiency in the following areas:
- Professional and polished written and verbal communication
- Hands-on cooking/culinary experience
- Managing budgets, especially along with food cost, labor cost
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Multi-tasking, project management and prioritizing
- Taking initiative and working independently in order to achieve agreed upon business outcomes and to ensure set plans are followed
- Cultural awareness
- Maintaining client relationship
- Computer literacy including usage of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and our other food service programs
The successful candidate will:
- Have oversight of daily food operations and deliver a high-quality product
- Achieve company and client financial targets and goals to include oversight of cash-handling and the POS system
- Develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- Motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly) staff; and/or
- Ensure Sodexo standards are met to include compliance with company food and physical safety programs
- ServSafe is a must as ensuring food (and physical safety) are crucial in this environment
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – obtained through the TSA
- Obtaining a T-HUET certification (Tropical Helicopter Underwater Escape Training) will be part of the onboarding process
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards