Sodexo is currently seeking a Senior Manager 2, Supply Management professional that will be virtually based. This role is responsible for the strategic sourcing process and management of purchasing national and regional contracts, in the protein category. This position will oversee 30 contracts and 150million in spend. The ideal candidates should possess a supply management background, strong negotiation skills along with the ability to understand financial statements, data-based information systems, the ability to manage an RFP process, to communicate within all levels of the organization and an understanding of regional logistics. Protein category knowledge is recommended but not required
Key responsibilities include:
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of procurement practices with expertise in sourcing for managed categories, budgeting and forecasting of supply chain revenue, analysis of spend to identify opportunities within non-contracted areas and ensuring a strategic sourcing process is fully implemented across all categories.
- Lead Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Pricing (RFP) events, including preparation of bids, evaluation of bid proposals, and pricing negotiations.
- Collaborate with leaders across all levels of organizations to identify opportunities for collaborative development of products and/or services that yield cost savings and revenue generation.
- Negotiate Supplier Agreements that deliver value to market segments, including best price, service, quality and conditions, while also aligning to the organizational goals. -
- Manage supplier relationships through quarterly Business Reviews to ensure compliance with supply agreement terms and conditions and to strategize on new opportunities that deliver value to the organization.
- Develop procurement programs that support Sodexo’s corporate initiatives including Supplier Diversity and “Better Tomorrow” sustainability goals.
- Supports operational market segments with cost reduction strategies; unit openings and closings; implementation of supply chain programs and resolution of program challenges.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with services and supplies procurement contracts
- Significant, broad knowledge and technical expertise in the Protein categories to achieve results.
- Understanding of commodity and market indices that drive the cost basis in the manufacture of category products managed by the position.
- Understanding of contract terms, including but not limited to Insurance and Indemnification, termination clauses, audit provisions, and federal law.
- Significant knowledge of RFI and RFP processes, and detailed scope of work generation to ensure an accurate bid response from qualified bidding parties.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture strong strategic supplier relationships that benefit the purchaser and the supplier.
- Intermediate skill level with Excel Spreadsheets, Word and PowerPoint.
- University degree or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental supply chain theories, principles and concepts.
Responsible for the execution of category strategies while maintaining compliance to company policy and standards and mitigating all risk. Engages the different stakeholders within the country to collaboratively develope categories through implementation of vendor contracts. Plays an active role in developing the category strategies. Leads the negotiation and management of national contracts for specific product lines. Identifies opportunities for reducing the total cost of product to the segments. Seeks direction from Category Directors, Segments, on purchasing strategies to be employed . Manages contracts with multiple manufacturers as delegated. Under general supervision, manages the entire process to solicit and analyze competitive proposals or bids, including Request for Proposal (RFP) process, financial analysis, solicitation of input from the segments, engagement of the program activation team for the award and communication throughout the organization.