Have a craving for a new culinary career? Look no further!
Sodexo is seeking a Senior Area Executive Chef for the MedStar Health System in Baltimore and Washington, DC.
MedStar Health is a not-for-profit health system dedicated to caring for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. MedStar is recognized regionally and nationally for excellence in medical care.
We are in search of the best culinary talent in the reion to create and execute a best in class food program within the Medstar portfolio. Successful candidates will have a proven track record in leading and advancing large teams, creating and developing pop-up food concepts, and a passion for keeping current with the latest in food trends. Strong acumen on the utilization of food costing models and food management systems is required.
This position duties will include but will not be limited to menu planning and implementation, retail, catering, and executive dining, production systems, client interaction and retention, procurement, and chef training. Implements business practices in order to uphold Sodexo’s mission and Values. Ensures food costing is accurate and updated. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation schedules. Directs chefs/cooks in proper cooking, preparing and serving food. Ensures compliance with all HACCP and Gold Check standards and all health inspections. Maintains par levels for food stuffs. Ensures all labeling and dating is accurate. Cooks and prepares special functions foods as needed.
The skillsets below are also necessary in this high profile role:
- Energetic, polished culinary professional with high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts.
- Experience with authentic global cuisine is highly desirable.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading and engaging a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects.
- Proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
- C.E.C. a plus.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Health-care allows you to offer patients, health-care professionals and caregivers around the world the best health-care experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health-care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here.
This position provides culinary support to unit (s) in terms of cross unit culinary expertise, sales presentation support, bench strength to District/Area. Position supports a large area, as well as large culinary needs – i.e. large catering functions; This job also supports training - training and development of frontline and new culinary exempt hires, menu development, culinary development of the programs/platforms. Financial plate costing; food management systems – FMS training and management; compliance product and vendor compliance.
Travel capabilities, setting up systems, assist in recruitment – frontline and management; maintain and set standards; financial knowledge – plate cost, cost of sales, product management, P&L, Inventories.
- Menu development, Culinary planning, Culinary production, Recipe development
- Plate costing, Inventory management, FMS (implementation and training)
- Training – food safety / FMS / Standards
- Staffing support – recruiting, selection of chefs, development
- Computer capabilities – culinary systems knowledge and expertise - FMS
- Representing company in presentations – sales, new programs, retention, etc.