The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
- We are currently looking for a Chemist in our Flanders, New Jersey facility. You will work as a member of the Exterior Coatings Team with a focus Stains, primers and Industrial Maintenance blending experience with new technology to move products into the next generation of coatings.
- Initiate, design, and execute multidimensional and staged experiments
- Understands competitive and industry playing field
- Knowledge of formulation tools, techniques, performance metrics and manufacturing processes.
- Actively seeks and leverages internal and external best in class knowledge.
- Plans and supports plant scale-ups.
- Capable of managing a project and team and working as a member on larger complex teams.
- Manage multiple projects
- Support resolution of quality issues
- Maintain laboratory and equipment
- Adhere to all laboratory safety guidelines
Required Skills and Education Requirements
- BS Chemistry; 5+ years of experience
- Strong people and cross functional team management skills
- Exhibits & fosters team behavior within & outside the laboratory
- Excellent communication, presentation & organizational skills
- Possess good analytical problem solving skills to make timely & accurate decisions
- Working knowledge of project management tools
- Clear & concise record keeping
- Some experience in Industrial maintenance coatings formulating
- Understanding of local, state & federal regulations relating to VOC's and hazardous chemical