The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged. Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore & Co is currently looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual to join our sales team. You will be accountable for supporting the sales team with:
- in-field technical support within specific geographical territory as designated by senior sales management,
- large/technical specification work with site evaluation and specification/proposal writing assistance as needed,
- resolution of major complaints/customer concerns, & industrial and Lacquer product placement selling in and out of channel.
In addition you will be accountable for technical support to flooring distributors, lacquer shops and specialty OEM accounts, and in some cases may have responsibilities for overall account management for OEM and Lacquer only accounts. The territory covers the Northeastern United States.
This is a great opportunity to develop your sales experience with a high-energy team and become part of an iconic and growing Berkshire Hathaway family brand. Benjamin Moore offers a company car, as well as a competitive compensation & benefits package designed to attract the very best sales professionals.
- College degree preferred, or equivalent industry business experience
- Minimum 7-10 years B2B paint & coating sales experience
- Knowledge of industrial & lacquer coatings, market dynamics and application best practices
- NACE Certified (complete or in process)
- Specification writing proficiency
- Working knowledge of required software programs (Microsoft Office, CRM)
- Excellent communication, listening and public speaking skills
- Ability to analyze situations, identify obstacles and opportunities for success
- Effective problem solving, negotiating & complaint handling skills
- Exceptional team interaction skills
- Effective time management skills
- Valid driver's license and good driving record a must
- Ability to work evenings & weekends when necessary
- Ability to travel overnight up to 50%
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required
- Must reside in the greater NY/NJ metro area
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V