Home Protocol Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200233346
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. The Home team builds software and frameworks that enable an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home products. We are developing technologies and defining experiences that are revolutionizing the way people interact with connected products in their home. The Home protocol team is looking for an experienced software developer that is excited about evolving the CHIP protocol to support new features, novel experiences, as well as future ones. The CHIP protocol is being developed to help create the truly revolutionary, compatible, and connected and intelligent home experience. As part of the larger Home team, you will contribute towards defining how your Apple Home interacts with accessories to build your vision of a connected home.
- You have two to ten plus years of software development experience
- You are an accomplished coder in C and object-oriented languages, such as C++ or Objective-C
- You have a well-founded grasp of computer science and software design fundamentals
- You have comprehensive knowledge of wireless technologies and protocols
- You value automated testing and continuous integration
- You have experience shipping real products to customers
- You thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment with rapid development cycles
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are obsessively hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- You are laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to customers
- You have genuine passion for consumer devices
You will join a small fun, focused team bringing the Home/CHIP protocol to the next level. Responsibilities including designing critical portions of the protocol, architecting software components, and implementing features with an emphasis on unit testing and continuous integration. The team is highly collaborative and pragmatic- we value everyone's input, we love finding innovative solutions, and we prize ourselves on getting things done. There are no egos here; we work together as a team to collectively find new ways to operate more efficiently, to improve quality, and to deliver on the end goal of offering the best experiences for our users.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.