Purpose and Scope
Reporting to the Vice President of Learning and Success with day-to-day supervision shared with the Chief Technology & Information Security Officer.
The specialist will be primarily responsible for supporting instructional technologies that enhance learning and maintenance within the college; focusing on classrooms and operation of simulation equipment for specialty programs. These duties include managing appropriate equipment such as computers and projectors, assisting faculty with presentations, provides support in the operation of the simulators, supporting web-based instruction and classroom environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Advance initiatives to enhance learning through use of multimedia and web technologies.
- Provide support to faculty, staff, and students in the use of Canvas, multimedia, and other educational technologies to meet desired learning outcomes.
- Assist in the utilization of appropriate classroom technologies
- Support PC-Based learning labs and all classroom environments
- Sets up, maintains and repairs specialty simulation equipment including ordering of parts and supplies and troubleshooting simulator software and hardware.
- Provides scheduling of equipment and orients participants to medical simulations, assists faculty in directing medical simulation sessions and obtains feedback.
- Provides technical assistance to faculty/staff utilizing the equipment. Assists faculty in facilitating the delivery of simulation offerings including scenario debriefing.
- Assists appropriate departments in preparing and maintaining simulation-training schedules.
- Maintains inventory of supplies related to simulation equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Associate’s degree with four years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Commitment to providing a high level of service and working in a team environment.
- Customer service experience
- High degree of professionalism.
- Knowledge of educational technology, design and implementation
- Demonstrated experience with various digital platforms and operating systems