Monday, May 3, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Event Specialist - High School Sports Awards
(Remote Full-Time Temporary Position)
Ventures Events is seeking a Event Specialist professional to help facilitate events. Ventures Events is an event production company specializing in delivering world-class events for the media industry and the communities they serve. We constantly strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories, and generate new revenue streams while leveraging our reputable and institutional brands. Our events inspire pride and progressive innovation throughout the ever-changing media industry, while still relying on core newspaper strengths our ability to create content, attract audiences, and bring powerful meaning to the lives of others. We are the industry leader in event production and execution from coast to coast.
Work closely with Event Directors, Graphic Designers, Marketing Director, and sales teams to ensure events are effectively executed through the planning stages and up to the conclusion of the event.
- Work closely with Event Directors to ensure events are executed in conjunction with current years business plan and budget;
- Support directors in managing and providing leadership to local markets for each event to ensure that staffs are fully supported to accomplish tasks required for successful events;
- Work directly with Ventures Events team to collaborate with local markets;
- Ensure implementation of event objectives;
- Follow event timelines;
- Communicate with venues;
- Research cities and venues in markets with new events; help to generate and manage lead lists;
- Work with Event Directors and Graphic Designer to create all event materials;
- Coordinate with Administrative Specialist on ordering event materials;
- Coordinate and help manage event set-up and execution;
- Work with Graphic Designer to create promotional materials for events;
- Develop systems and processes to ensure consistent, efficient and effective communication;
- Manage, track and report event data in a timely manner;
- Support Event Directors and sales leaders in creating event presentations and other materials as needed;
- Manage event set-up and execution;
- Research and monitor trends in newspaper and events industry.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in event industry;
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, public relations or related;
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and advertising strategy;
- Strong business expertise, with a high bar set on quality;
- Able to think both strategically and operationally.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.