At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
- Monitor incoming quality of containers; monitor container supply area by each line to ensure adequate quantity for uninterrupted filling line operation.
- Automatic filling machine: Calibrate & properly operate filling machines; check batch ticket for correct product; monitor correct weights & quality appearance of containers (no drips); retain sample for control lab.
- Lid dropper: Supplied with adequate amount of lids for uninterrupted operation of filling line; lids properly sealed on containers; lid information is legible and correct for product being filled.
- Label machine: Ensure adequate quantity of correct labels and adhesive; monitor quality appearance of label and container.
- Maintain proper operation and minor adjustment of bail-o-matic machine.
- Case packer: Ensure adequate supply of cartons and tape for uninterrupted operation of filling line; verify carton information is legible and correct for product being filled.
- Palletizer: Supply empty pallets to machine; offload full pallets as appropriate.
- Responsible for accurate count of fill and input data into terminal for inventory control using electronic information systems.
- Maintains forklift or other related equipment by checking battery, electrical hook-up, etc.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment. Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting directly to the department Lead, this role will work seamlessly with the facility team and all departments to monitor the filling line and perform quality checks on all products. Additionally, the Filling Line Operator utilizes equipment, ensuring the filling line is running correctly.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Basic math skills, ie: addition/subtraction
- Ability to work in a team environment and work cross-functionally.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and cleanliness.
- Ability to use company software and computer system programs.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP’s
- Ability to work overtime (up to 4 hours past regularly scheduled shift) and weekends when required.
- Ability to operate fill by weight machine, video jet, labeler, palletizer, case packer, can and carton computer and depalletizer.
- Ability to operate the tower independently
- Ability to operate a gallon line and quart line independently
- Ability to operate a gallon line casepacker and five line independently
- Ability to operate a gallon line and operate a small batch
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift:
Physical effort and dexterity:
- Frequency of physical activity throughout shift:
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending/twisting of neck and waist, squatting and kneeling
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects from floor, conveyor, vehicle, table or overhead location
- Constant standing (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent lifting of 10-75 lbs. (1-8+ hours) throughout shift
- Frequency of upper and lower extremity activity throughout shift:
- Constant grasping with dominate hand (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent fine hand manipulation, pushing, pulling and reaching above and below shoulder throughout shift.
- Constant walking (6-8+ hours)
- Getting onto electric Walkie riders and forklifts
- Manual lifting of products and bags, upwards of 70 lbs. per
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift:
- Ability to use forklift, winch and trolley system
- Running the filling line and packaging goods is most frequent activity (upwards of 8 hours per day)
Job Type: Hourly, Non-exempt
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.