Location: Los Angeles - California
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge in process controls including understanding the process, ability to identify the parameters and understand and identify the measurable outcomes and hazards.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of the control methods, analog and discrete and the critical components to developing sustainable control algorithms.
- Capable of implementing control methodology in DCS, PLC or HMI platforms with a strong understanding of various programming languages.
- Ability to independently design and implement knowledge of control system architecture including hardware, software, instrumentation and networking equipment.
- Solid understanding of analog advanced control and batch control and ability to independently implement
- Demonstrates experience independently to lead loop checking, startup, troubleshooting and commissioning support in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand control philosophy and write functional requirement based on expected functionality including description of control loops, interlocks and alarms.
- Demonstrates a proactive commitment to safety by taking the time to understand risks and completing all required safety training.
- Complies with safety requirements by following all safety procedures and by reporting/documenting safety incidences and near misses.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to learning and development of oneself as well as assisting with development of new employees and peers.
- Willingly accepts coaching and mentoring from more experienced resources.
- Promotes teamwork by participating as a team player while also demonstrating effective communication skills with the team, management and the customer.
- Proactively works to build good relationships with peers, leaders and customers while also demonstrating the ability to meet customer expectations.
- Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job.
- Displays ambition for learning new processes, platforms or other new offerings at MAVERICK.
- Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity and professionalism across all aspects of the business.
- Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in teams.
- Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance and meeting customer needs.
- Demonstrates a business acumen that allows for effective utilization of tools and standards to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. No sponsorship is being offered with this role.
- Typically three to six years experience in an Industrial Controls Engineering environment
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).