**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
Sodexo is seeking a Executive Chef 2 for the high-volume Southside Dining Hall at prestigious George Mason University located in Fairfax, VA. The Executive Chef 2 will support the Senior Executive Chef in managing and training 130+ union employees and menu execution. The Southside Dining Hall operates 24 hours per day. This is a great opportunity to showcase your passion in culinary management and a chance to advance as a culinary leader while demonstrating your success in managing a high-volume dining environment.
George Mason University is Virginia's largest public research university. There are typically more than 37,000 students on campus which they feel creates an organically diverse environment. The campus is approximately 20 miles from Washington, DC. Sodexo's executive leaders have a vision for the future and develop strategies that provide direct support to other leaders and teams in our varied operational areas while embodying our core values of Spirit of Progress, Team Spirit and Spirit of Service.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about George Mason University at https://www2.gmu.edu/ Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits Not the job for you? At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs. Working for Sodexo: At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.