Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
DOCK WORKER/OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
GANNETT PUBLISHING SERVICES
GannettPublishing Services, located in Chillicothe, OH, is recruiting for a part-time,Operations Coordinatorfor our Newspaper Distribution Center working 20-29 hours per week.This individual provides general support for a Distribution center performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery including delivery of newspapers. Position requires flexibility to work varied days and hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers.
- Unload and load trucks containing various print publications.
- Open the Distribution Center and prepare for the independent contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork.
- Utilize industry specific software to handle required reporting for center.
- General housekeeping of distribution center.
- Complete required documentation and reports for center as needed.
- Assist with delivering newspapers.
- Respond to and resolve subscriber service issues
- Maintain and repair news racks throughout the designated distribution area.
- Assist with training Product Handlers or Product Coordinators as needed.
Valid drivers license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required.Strong organizational and communication skills required for a fast-paced environment.Good computer skills including Microsoft office.
Good time management skills.Good verbal and written communication skills.Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 500 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
GED/High School Diploma.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.