RF Systems Hardware Engineer - Inductive Charging
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jul 21, 2021
Role Number: 200267503
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day. Apple's RF System Engineering team is looking for a hardworking, proactive individual to take ownership for ensuring inductive charging products meet all worldwide Regulatory requirements.
- Solid understanding of inductive charging hardware, architectures and system design considerations as it related to emissions. Some HW inductive charging system design experience is preferred.
- Understanding of EM and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices is a plus, including accurate grounding, shielding, and radiated emissions mitigation techniques.
- Experience with performing Regulatory tests (such as spurious emissions, OBW, frequency accuracy, and spectral mask) in both conducted and radiated environments.
- Able to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware.
- Experience with circuit-level and form-factor-level simulations is a plus.
- Experience with lab equipment including spectrum analyzer, power meter, network analyzer, vector signal generator/analyzer, oscilloscope, and/or packet sniffer.
- Strong technical reporting, presentation and communication skills.
- Energy and drive to thrive in start-up environment. Highly motivated, a self-starter, and a phenomenal teammate.
You will be working with worldwide teams to understand Regulatory Emissions requirements and test methodologies. This includes, but is not limited to, radiated spectral emissions, OBW, frequency accuracy, and spectral mask. You will be ensuring that the inductive charging product is designed to meet these requirements, both on a conducted and radiated level. You will be providing input on hardware and firmware design standard methodologies throughout the product design process. You will be reviewing and signing-off on PCB and flex layouts, system-level grounding, shielding, etc. You will be designing and implementing lab test setups, evaluating emissions and working with 3rd-party test labs to understand their test methodology and supervise any required testing. You will be using circuit-level and form-factor-level simulations to predict, understand, and debug issues. You will be presenting results of these simulations cross-functionally to support design change recommendations. You will be debugging and resolving product design and test issues that arise including hands-on mockup and proposing design changes to resolve issues found. You will be innovating to develop implementable HW, FW, SW system mitigations that optimize product performance and executing the process to ensure our products meet all worldwide Regulatory specifications. You would also be tasked with understanding all applicable inductive technologies, and industry standards (such as Qi) in relation to our products. You will work closely with internal and external engineering groups (such as Mechanical Engineering / Product Design, System EE, RF Hardware Design, Antenna, Software and Firmware, automation engineers, 3rd-party test houses, and part / equipment vendors).
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree with 3 + years' experience or Master Degree is required Masters Degree with 1+ years' experience preferred